This page includes evidence of my work as a learner including academic papers and research conducted as a graduate student at Western Governors University, documentation of informal learning experiences, and my current learning goals.
As part of the requirements of the Masters of Science in Curriculum and Instruction at Western Governors University, I completed an action research project in the Fall of 2017. This project required me to identify a need in my classroom, design a study using quantitative and qualitative research principles, and conduct the study in my classroom. Through this process, I learned a lot about vocabulary acquisition and how to use research and reflection to improve my instruction in the classroom.
List of Favorite Education and Non-Fiction Books
- Hacking Education by Mark Barnes
- Hacking Assessment by Starr Sackstein
- Hacking Project Based Learning by Ross Cooper and Erin Murphy
- Beyond Discipline by Alfie Kohn
- Shaping Sound Musicians by Patricia O’Toole
- Teaching Music with Passion by Peter Boonshaft
- Engaging Students with Poverty in Mind by Eric Jensen
- The Creative Director by Edward Lisk
- The Big Book of Restorative Justice by Howard Zehr, et. al.